Rumors about Google Ads

If you have questions about this board, functionality, or anything related to this board operation, this is the location to ask the question.

Note: Anyone can read this forum. only registered users can post or reply to messages.
jojo

Rumors about Google Ads

Post by jojo » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 am

There is a rumor suggesting that Google Ads are no longer paying advertising revenue to sites which mention much of anything about Ukraine, Russia or The U.S.

On Our site the ADs are still displayed but do not seem to be generating any revenue.

I am just curious is this happening to your site as well?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Rumors about Google Ads

Post by admin » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:19 pm

Jojo,

I think everyone using google AdSense got messages similar to the following.

- -- - - -

Due to the war in Ukraine, we will pause monetization of content that exploits, dismisses, or condones the war

-

Dear Publisher,

Due to the war in Ukraine, we will pause monetization of content that exploits, dismisses, or condones the war.

Please note, we have already been enforcing on claims related to the war in Ukraine when they violated existing policies (for instance, the Dangerous or Derogatory content policy prohibits monetizing content that incites violence or denies tragic events). This update is meant to clarify, and in some cases expand, our publisher guidance as it relates to this conflict.

This pause includes, but is not limited to, claims that imply victims are responsible for their own tragedy or similar instances of victim blaming, such as claims that Ukraine is committing genocide or deliberately attacking its own citizens.

- - - --- -

Since Google's definition of content is:

content
Everything presented to users by the publisher, including publisher-generated content, syndicated content, user-generated content, organic search results, ads and links to other sites or apps.

- - - - -

I suspect several of the posted news feeds on this site with apposing view points likely violate what they consider appropriate content. Thus are likely causing the advertising revenue we would normally receive to be "paused". Though I find it interesting that Google AdSense continues to display ads, record views and clicks, but just do not seem to be sharing any of the revenue. Or it could just be their processing procedures. I never really understood why the estimated earnings would continue to climb while the "earned" balance would remain the same for a very long time.

Though a question I do have that has not been made clear. Or I have not seen the answer, is what happens if one section of the site has an issue, for instance this area Http://TheTank.Troach.Net and I suspect the news feed section http://news.troach.org is not liked at all. Especially with the Russian news feeds along with feeds from Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, North & South America which contain a WIDE RANGE of view points. I suspect those two areas would get "paused" in a heart beat.

However, it also appears that the Company Stock information pages http://stocks.troach.net/ are also "paused" even though that area obviously have no content dealing with any political issues just various company summaries and stats.

I am not sure how they are deciding what pages or if it is the entire site that will be "paused" for what they perceive as a violation.

- - - -

Personally I find it a shame that so many groups want to silence one or more sides of the issues. Because much like issues in recent history where various side were saying radically different things. When all was said and done, the truth was usually found to be rather firmly planted in the middle a very long way from either of the two opposing "true narratives".

- - - -

While the extra revenue would be nice. I am more interested in trying to share as much information as possible. So that somewhere in the "honest lies" we can hopefully find the truth. Or at least gain enough information to know where to start looking for the truth of reality rather than simply accepting the truth of propaganda.

- - - -

Alas JoJo, such things are nothing new.

On the bright side of things, though annoying and frustrating, I suspect both our sites will survive this inconvenience.

Good Luck with the projects on your side of the screen.