Can she marry someone who practices homosexuality?

Discussions related to Islam.

Note: Anyone can read this forum, only registered users may post or reply to messages.
strawberry

Can she marry someone who practices homosexuality?

Post by strawberry » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:32 am

https://islamqa.info/en/13707

13707: Can she marry someone who practices homosexuality?

I have a gay friend born in a muslim family. he has turned gay because of certain circumstances eg. absence of father and other things. i want to ask :
is he considered a muslim? can i marry him in the hope that it'll bring him to the right path once more? i'm trying to change him back : is it okay for me to talk to him about sexual matters and all? what if he promises me to try to be on the straight path if i marry him ? if i marry him, and some day he gives in to his temptation (ie has a sexual intercourse with a male), will that have any affect on our marriage ? if he has had sexual contacts with males, is it forgivable if he repents sincerely ?

Published Date: 2002-05-22

Praise be to Allaah.

Homosexuality is a major sin which deserves the most severe of punishments in this world and in the Hereafter. See Question no. 5177. But the person who does that cannot be described as a kaafir because of that, unless he thinks that it is permissible and claims that it is halaal – in which he is to be denounced as a kaafir. But simply doing it whilst admitting that it is haraam does not put a Muslim beyond the pale of Islam. He is still a Muslim, but he is exposed to the wrath of Allaah and is committing a major sin. It is not permissible for you to go ahead and marry him until he repents sincerely. Simply promising does not count as repentance. My advice to you is not to go ahead and marry him, rather you have to look for a righteous man who will be the means of bringing you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. Homosexuality, just like other major sins, is open to repentance: whoever repents, Allaah will accept his repentance.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr