If You Meet Buddha on the Road, Kill Him

Discussions related to Islam.

Note: Anyone can read this forum, only registered users may post or reply to messages.
brownangel

Post by brownangel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 am

This makes a really good point about questioning anything about Islam vs questioning other faiths.

http://alisina.org/?p=3751

by alisina · July 22, 2013

--
Respected Ali Sina, In the article Should We Fear God? you wrote: “Some years ago….. I was shown a world of pure consciousness…. as if the entire knowledge of the universe was accessible to me.” Aren’t you claiming the same thing that Mohammad has claimed? The difference is that his words were in the language of seventh century and your words in the language of twenty first century.
--

There is a big difference. I don’t doubt Muhammad had a hallucinatory experience on mount Hira. In this case he was not lying, even though he lied in virtually all other cases. But visual and auditory hallucinations are known symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy. My experience was not visual or auditory. So it cannot be explained with epilepsy. And I gained a new insight into reality. What was Muhammad’s insight? Nothing! He said nothing that an illiterate man of his time could not have said.

Muhammad began claiming special status and demanded obedience. I am making no such claims. What I experienced is accessible to everyone. Of course it is not something we can tap into it by trying. However, it is possible to tune into the world of infinite knowledge by lowering our mental activity. If our brain activity reaches Theta wave length, we may be able to connect to that world. Buddha developed the necessary technique that allowed him to connect to that world at will. He called it meditation. Many others have also developed this ability. Nostradamus and Edgar Casey are best known for their psychic abilities. This is an ability that anyone can develop. I have not practiced it enough so I don’t have such ability.

Furthermore, I am explaining everything through reason and ask people not to believe anything I say, unless it makes sense to them logically. Buddha said the same thing. He said “doubt everything and find your own light.”

There is an old saying (koan, riddle) attributed to a Zen master called Linji, (founder of the Rinzai school) that says, “If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him!” This should not be taken literally. The road is the path to enlightenment. Any path that pursues truth is the path to enlightenment. You can pursue the truth through meditation, books, science and even the Internet. The search for truth is the path to enlightenment. Buddha represents the state of enlightenment. It is the state that you think you have found the truth, that you have reached the quest of your search. At this moment, you have to kill that thought. Dismiss it and continue your search. The moment you believe you have become enlightened you stop being enlightened. Enlightenment is not something we can arrive at. It is something we have to search for. Truth is infinite. You can never reach infinity and there is no end to knowledge.

Muhammad demanded that people abandon critical thinking, silence their rational mind and believe in whatever he says unquestioningly. His advice to his followers was, “O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble… Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.. ”(Q.5:101 -102)

Elsewhere he said, “And it behooves not a believing man and a believing woman that they should have any choice in their matter when Allah and His Apostle have decided a matter; and whoever disobeys Allah and His Apostle, he surely strays off a manifest straying.” (Q. 33:36)

One who is enlightened will never ask you to surrender your rational mind and will, and believe in him uncritically. Truth can be explained. It is lies that cannot be explained and need to be enforced with terror and intimidation. That is why you can never question Islam in any Islamic country without losing your head. But you can question the teachings of Jesus and Buddha or any Hindu philosophy and even reject them with no fear of being harmed. Those who hold the truth are confident of it. They don’t lose their temper if you challenge their belief. They explain it to you. But those who believe in lies are aware of their precarious belief and know it cannot stand the scrutiny of reason. So they demand that you respect their belief and not question it.

Mystical experiences are accessible to anyone. You don’t have to have a special rank to experience them. Countless people have had access to this infinite source of knowledge. Many inventions and discoveries in science have been made this way. Beautiful works of art, poetry and music have been composed thanks to it. Their authors have never claimed privileged status or demanded obedience and submission.

Buddha said anyone can be a Buddha (enlightened), Jesus said anyone can do the miracles that he did and do them even better. He said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also.” (John 14: 12). Matthew says that Jesus gave to his disciples, power to heal every disease and sickness (Matt. 10:1)

When you become enlightened, you also become humble. Haughtiness and arrogance that characterizes the narcissist cannot be found in an enlightened person. And look at Muhammad! I have written extensively about his hubris and arrogance.

We should not equate genuine seers with charlatans and con men that falsely claim to be enlightened. And what was Muhammad’s enlightenment? What did he taught that was amazing? There is no insight in Muhammad’s teachings. His sole message was believe in me or you will go to hell. This is the essence of Islam. And 1.5 billion benighted souls believe in this asininity and think it is the most beautiful message.

Muhammad was a con man. It is very easy to see he lied. Just look at his life. Compare it with the life of Buddha, Jesus and other true seers. There is a world of difference. The enlightened seers promote love, Muhammad promoted hate. He lived a despicable life of thuggery and crime. Did Jesus raid and rape people? Did Buddha steal? Did Zoroaster torture anyone? Did Krishna have sex with a child?

Jesus instructed his followers “If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet” (Matt. 10:14). Contrast that with what Muhammad taught to his followers. After telling them to raid and loot, he told them “Enjoy what you took in war, lawful and good” (Q. 8:69). Is it possible that the same god could have such a duplicitous personality? You can’t find two statements more contrasting than these.One of these two men was an impostor. I leave it to you to decide which one.

An enlightened person is compassionate and forgiving. One day the Pharisees wanted to test Jesus. There is a law in the Old Testament that says adulterers should be stoned to death. The Jews had abandoned this barbaric law and were not practicing it. So the Pharisees took a prostitute to Jesus and asked him what they shall do with her. Jesus remained unperturbed by the commotion of the crowd and while scribbling something on the ground, told them “whoever among you is without sin, let him throw the first stone” and once again he bent down and wrote on the ground. The mob was filled with shame. They quietly went their way. Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. He straightened up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, sir.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.” Now this brings tears to my eyes.

A similar incident happened during the time of Muhammad. Let us hear it from Malik: (41: 41.1.1)

--

“Abdullah ibn Umar said, “The Jews came to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and mentioned to him that a man and woman from among them had committed adultery. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, asked them, ‘What do you find in the Torah about stoning?’ They said, ‘We make their wrong action known and flog them.’ Abdullah ibn Salam said, ‘You have lied! It has stoning for it, so bring the Torah.’ They spread it out and one of them placed his hand over the ayat of stoning. Then he read what was before it and what was after it. Abdullah ibn Salam told him to lift his hand. He lifted his hand and there was the ayat of stoning. They said, ‘He has spoken the truth, Muhammad. The ayat of stoning is in it.’ So the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, gave the order and they were stoned .”

Abdullah ibn Umar added, “I saw the man leaning over the woman to protect her from the stones.”

Malik commented, “By leaning he meant throwing himself over her so that the stones fell on him.”

--

What a difference! This story alone is enough to see these two men were two opposite poles. This story also brings tears to my eyes. I am moved by the action of that man trying to shield the woman he loved.

When asked about false prophets, Jesus said, “By their fruit you will recognize them.” (Matt. 7:16). All we have to do is look at how Muhammad lived. Also look at the consequence of his teachings and how Muslims behave when they are influenced by them.

Do I claim to be a prophet? Of course I do. I am a prophet to myself. You too should be a prophet to yourself. This is what Jesus and Buddha taught and expected from us. Everything they did we can do, only if we can rise to our sublime rank and be Human. Islam is not a religion. It is an evil cult. The problem with religions is that their followers are followers and not disciples. If instead of blindly following they tried to learn the truth from their enlightened teachers, there would not be so much hate in religions. We should learn from each other, but it is not befitting for us to be followers. Following is for sheep. We have to become our own prophets. But first we need to become enlightened. This is what our creator expects from us.

Enlightenment is the opposite of indoctrination. Muhammad wanted indoctrination. He wanted people to be stupid, and not question him so they don’t see he is a fraud. Jesus and Buddha taught their disciples how to be enlightened. Muhammad wanted to reduce people into slaves. Jesus and Buddha wanted to set them free. They wanted everyone to become like them.