NSA chief: Stop reporters 'selling' spy documents

There are lots of mysteries and problems in the world. In this section we look at some of the challenges and look for possible answers.

Note: Anyone can read this forum, only registered users may post or reply to messages.
hommer

Post by hommer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:19 am

These are old files but do give an idea of why things are the way they are now.
And why so many are trying to out law alleged fake new. or news that is not approved by the government(s).

https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-th ... nts-175896

By JOSH GERSTEIN
10/24/2013 05:51 PM EDT

The head of the embattled National Security Agency, Gen. Keith Alexander, is accusing journalists of "selling" his agency's documents and is calling for an end to the steady stream of public disclosures of secrets snatched by former contractor Edward Snowden.

"I think it’s wrong that that newspaper reporters have all these documents, the 50,000—whatever they have and are selling them and giving them out as if these—you know it just doesn’t make sense," Alexander said in an interview with the Defense Department's "Armed With Science" blog.

"We ought to come up with a way of stopping it. I don’t know how to do that. That’s more of the courts and the policymakers but, from my perspective, it’s wrong to allow this to go on," the NSA director declared.

Alexander did not elaborate on what he meant by reporters "selling" documents or what options he might consider for halting the disclosures. An NSA spokeswoman declined to expand on the general's comments.

The NSA director's frustration with the flurry of leaks appears to be building. The interview was posted Thursday, the same day the Guardian reported that the U.S. monitored calls of 35 world leaders after obtaining their phone numbers from other U.S. government officials.

On Wednesday, the White House reacted to reports of NSA monitoring of German Chancellor Angela Merkel by announcing that President Barack Obama had pledged to Merkel that the U.S. was not examining her communications and would not do in the future. White House spokespeople would not address reports of past monitoring of Merkel.